Food, glorious food... done my way. Pretence of perfection

Monday, March 12, 2007

Curry night

Marinade:
Lemon grass
Turmeric
Dried Chili
Paprika
Can of tomatoes (without the can)
Onion
Garlic cloves
Ground Fenugreek
Cumin
All whizzed up until it formed a nice paste.

Chunky pork chops, cut into... well, chunks.

There might be more in the marinade, I made it yesterday and marinaded the meat over night. I got a pizza to keep the wolves at the door... :-) Those two things combine to wipe my memory.

I removed the meat from the marinade, and took off all the marinade I could. In a sauce pan I fried a few mustard seeds until they popped and then added the meat. Once that had time to fry a little I added the marinade and then a couple of Kaffir lime leaves.

A little mound of rice and some coriander and all's well :-D

7 comments:

Cat said...

i like the little rice dome, very restaurant of you... that just looks really tasty!

Nazca said...

Someone has to add a little class :-)

Anonymous said...

You'll have to excuse my ignorance but I really did think that curries had curry in them. That's why I've always avoided them as I don't like curry. This looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

I haven't had dinner yet and that looks gooooood.... yum!

Ari (Baking and Books)

Nazca said...

It was... well, maybe I'd overdone the mustard seeds! :-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds really good, Mr Naz. The marinating process must have tenderised the pork well.

Might try this one, one fine day. ;)

Nazca said...

Mae, try it if you like. I bet your picture will be much better than mine!