Food, glorious food... done my way. Pretence of perfection

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Steak!

The Farmers' Market was in Manchester again this week. I bought two lovely thick, juicy sirlion steaks. I just like them simply seasoned with lots of pepper and a little salt.

I have a really good griddle pan, but this time i opted just to fry it in a mix of olive and vegetable oil. The hot oil sealed the meat and gave it a nice crispy crust. 4 minutes later it was done.

BLACK on the outside, but a nice PINK on the inside.

Can't be beaten.

3 comments:

Cat said...

i agree wholeheartedly! if its pink but doesnt have the blood leaking out everywhere im happy :)

Anonymous said...

Hi!!
how are you! i know i promised a long long time ago.. but here i am ;)
i just love dessert.. u want to post something on that?

thnx..

Nazca said...

Hi Ebru. You need to go look for my cheesecake entries. As you know I'm not a very sweet man, I only eat dessert on the rare occasion.