Food, glorious food... done my way. Pretence of perfection

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Poussin

Or baby chicken to you and me :-)

For this little baby I created a marinade of lemon zest, thyme and olive oil. I pounding the lemon and thyme in a pestle and mortar then added a little olive oil, when it came to cook the chicken I squeezed the lemon/thyme mixture over it, then seasoned in and covered the whole thing in parma ham. I baked it in the oven for 50 mins, while occasionally basting it, I also took off the parma ham when it was crispy and allowed the poussin to brown for the last 20 minutes.

I served it with boiled new potatoes and a buttery, thymey, lemony, olive oily and white whiney sauce. :-)

1 comment:

Cat said...

oooo yumyyyyyy that sounds devine... lemon is great on everything isnt it :D think you might bake a lemon meringue pie and take a photo of it sometime?