Food, glorious food... done my way. Pretence of perfection

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Rack of Lamb - with a herb crust

Bought a nice rack on Friday, then when she went hom I went to the farmers' market and picked up a nice rack of lamb. There are lots of recipes for this dish, i used all of them and none of them. I had parsley and mint in with my bread crumbs, that were then mixed with melted butter and packed in on top on the "fatty" side.

And just because Catesa was likely to read this I threw in some veg... can't have a roast without roast potatoes! They were banged about a bit in the pot after boiling so that when they came out of the oven they were deliciously crisp. And a few garden peas were balanced on the plate full of nice pink lamb and roast taters.

4 comments:

Cat said...

see when you talk about lamb that way i can almost imagine liking it... maybe one day you can do your best to prepare something to convince me it IS tasty. so far i havent had luck in that department yet :)

Mona said...

You bought a nice rack? Ha, that sounds funny to me in the States, you know what "rack" is used to describe most frequently right? Just jokes of course :)
Sounds like a great dinndinn!

Nazca said...

LOL Yes I do know, I know American as well as proper English ;-)

It was a great sunday roast :-)

Anonymous said...

Can i just have the roasted potatoes and the peas? ;)